Friday, August 9, 2024

Popular opinion

Popular opinion is entirely irrelevant. It used to be that women and non-white people were considered less intelligent or that we should use leeches to cure certain ailments. Thankfully I have always seen popular opinion as a reason to dig beyond it.

The masses come to concensus often with less than the adequate amount of information and so narratives are written with very little basis in reality. In fact they are created to suit the dogmas of groups and to remove inconveniences that don't suit a script. Our job is to look beyond myth and find the truth which usually provides the most satisfying answer.

I was educated to ask questions and when something in public opinion does not resonate I need to understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Insufferable

The latest episode of "Piers Morgan Uncensored" features Jordan Peterson which I could not watch because at some point I would suf...