Sunday, August 18, 2024

Smell the roses

Learning to slow down can be difficult but ultimately extremely beneficial. Today I have nothing but time to smell the roses and I do but for a goal oriented person, it is not easy to adapt to it. For over three decades I worked on challenging projects with tight deadlines and this is hardly conducive to cranking down the temperature on life.

Good thing I have kept some routine which keeps me active and my chatterbox ways has me talking to strangers. This morning it was a couple from New York City who were right behind me in the lineup at café Olimpico. People interest me no end particularly when they are as polite as they were and how talkative and open the wife was with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...