Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Addicted

I'm addicted to my phone but I wish it weren't so. At some point I will need remove the sense of urgency about answering calls or texts; my children are certainly in no rush to as GenZ has little issue with letting a day or two slip before responding. 

Technology has turned our smartphones into powerhouses of information. The world is at our fingertips with access to information a simple Google search away. This was the stuff of science fiction when I was born and now it is routinely taken for granted. Truth mixes liberally with fiction to such a degree that detecting the difference can sometimes be extremely difficult. Small wonder we have made islands of personal reality where we no one enters without permission except our cohorts in ideology.

The fallout of all this will reverberate for a long time to come as we figure out ways to reach people who live in bubbles and refuse to exit; often to their own detriment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

You cannot unsee what you have already seen. After you've lived a while the imperfection of the world perturbs but you also understand i...