Friday, September 6, 2024

As I travel within it

At this age I am not particularly interested in a romantic relationship unless it brought with it the depth of intelligence and true friendship that I now understand to be pivotally important.

Transgender or not, I know my value and cherish it and I won't give up anything about my core identity but would be willing to share my happiness without getting lost in the trauma of someone else who is afraid or doesn't know themselves. I have spent years understanding my own psyche.

It is a shame that we only come to know ourselves properly as we age because our life partnerships are mostly made when we are not at the peak of our prowess. We are afraid to be alone and many of us make decisions based on chemistry that upon receding leaves us with someone we don't truly align with at a deeper level.

This is not about waiting for perfection for there is no such thing. Instead it is about acknowledging that neither person is perfect but each has the fortitude and the introspection to not always play the victim and bring their qualities to the table and share them.

I am complete without a partner as I have peace of mind, but the right person could add a layer of joy and satisfaction while conversely the wrong one threaten to unsettle what I already possess.

It is why I do not yearn and let the universe do what it must as I travel within it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...