Friday, September 6, 2024

Grand opening

I went to the grand opening of the Royalmount mall yesterday. I am not a mall person but this complex is a different type of animal. When fully complete it will be an environment into itself with residences, businesses, green spaces, theater, dining, shopping, spas and even an aquarium which wasn't yet open.

Malls on their own have been dying for years now so this complex is being counted on as a new way to combine entertainment with necessity. Due to its location it will also draw upon the richer clientele of Montréal who can afford Gucci or Louis Vuitton which are opening stores there.

It wasn't packed because it is so huge and at 10 AM on a weekday I wasn't expecting huge crowds. The food court is very high end and there are no McDonald's outlets. Instead the focus is boutique style eating that will cater to more demanding palettes; needless to say with bigger wallets.

On a more personal note, things continue to improve as I calm into a new existence. People tell me I look happy.

I am.






No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...