Monday, September 16, 2024

"Is that you?"

"Is that you?" Asked the lady with the salt and pepper hair.

"Yes it is" I said firmly but with a smile. She had noted there's been a little change as she saw the contrast in my appearance versus that of my ID.

I was voting in a federal by election today and it was the first time ever as Joanna. I expected no issues and there were none for this is 2024.

Someone came up and interrupted her and she said "after I finish with this lady"

While I had been waiting my turn I met a young couple in their mid-twenties and was conversing with them. They were both warm and friendly and told me they were glad to have met me. They were just back from Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...