Thursday, May 18, 2023

Love life

 "How is your love life?" asked Beatrice, one of the many lovely friends and work colleagues I have kept through this process.

I made a goose egg with my fingers smirking just a little at the same time to which she offered a little frown.

I then explained that at this stage of my life my internal sense of self is more important than companionship and that I belong to a generation where both males and females were often corrupted beyond repair. We had grown up understanding that gender was sacrosanct and could not be ignored. Trans people were a foreign entity whose raison d'etre no one comprehended; not even ourselves.

For androphilics the formula was perhaps a little easier and some transitioned in stealth and maybe found love. For gynephilics it was tougher and many of us put off transitions altogether or waited until children left home.

Young trans people today are not nearly as self defeating and better know their value. They might wait for the right train to come by and don't think that their partner simply not wretching at the sight of them, somehow makes them fortunate.

Yes, that was once me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Confidence loss

We've all been hit with a sudden loss of confidence in public. It's like a slap in the face and the cheeks become flushed. Suddenly ...