Saturday, May 6, 2023

What clothing can mean

Clothing choices become necessarily pragmatic over time and, if you have spent any amount of time in uncomfortable shoes, the pain afterwards will be sufficient reminder to be more judicious. I walk a lot.

I think I am about average when it comes to my choices as compared to genetic women in that I am neither frumpy nor a clothes horse. Thus I have over the years developed a combination of style and comfort which serves the occasion and gets me occasional compliments from women although I do not seek them. To be sure, comfort has gained in importance as more time is spent in certain items over varying occasions.

It is interesting that the more frequently we can express authenticity, the less important clothing can become as it develops into a tool to convey identity rather than an end in and of itself. Genetic women run a huge gamut of preference in this area of course (just as some men), but in general you might surprise yourself in how you morph over time as you grow into your sense of self through daily living.

Like everything else in life there is a process to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Confidence loss

We've all been hit with a sudden loss of confidence in public. It's like a slap in the face and the cheeks become flushed. Suddenly ...