Monday, August 28, 2023

Mindwork

This morning I ran into Mathilde and her husband who I had never met before. Eight years my junior, she and I know each other from pandemic days and we crossed paths often during waterfront morning walks. As far as he was concerned I was just another woman his wife knows.

I am a neighborhood lady known by many and it's no longer surreal although it once was. It becomes more apparent to me that the nervousness in meeting new people is completely gone which adds a level of relaxation and confidence. It builds up almost imperceptibly over the years the more authentically we live.

I think more than ever that it's not so much about what we do to our bodies but primarily to our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....