Sunday, August 20, 2023

When we cannot trust

I am very interested in what happens to the psyche of a child who learns that they cannot completely trust. How does it become a domino effect and later potentially impact relationships with others? I know I was one of those children and I am not alone.

We are not readily able to analyze and compare with others so we are left with piecing together clues. Learning to be on one's guard so early in life must necessarily have consequences but they aren't always visible because we are master mimics and when young do not have the adequate introspection skills.

Those impacts are being evaluated now as I have both the time and the need to understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....