Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Divulging

I find that it gets easier all the time with respect to feeling like you need to announce to people that you are transgender. At this point in my history there is the largest number of people in both camps of those who know and those who do not.

I have continued the approach that anyone I meet today may be told in due course when the time is right but it must be organic for if there is nothing wrong with our identity it is information no more generally owed than our orientation.

There used to be a small reflex to correct someone when they asked about my ex-husband when they found out I am divorced, but it is now entirely gone. But I am glad not because I feel I have deceived but rather because any pangs of apologetic instinct in me have been entirely dispensed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Performing

If you watched the video on Judith Butler's theory of performativity you will note that she sees gender more as verb than noun. One perf...