Monday, September 25, 2023

Valued

Transgender people are renowned for undervalueing themselves. I spent a good chunk of my life thinking I was some sort of pariah who needed fixing so I don't share a lot of the enthusiasm I see online about how being different is so great. Thus I have tended to vehemently disagree with that perspective.

It's been hard but I've worked to understand myself plus the subject matter because my engineer's brain and natural curiousity needed to know.

Today I hold a different perspective while recognizing that not everyone will think this difference is in any way attractive. However my value as a person has never been better understood and I bend a knee to no one. In that sense I would like to see less hand wringing from transgender people and more resolve to not live as we used to. For being different does not make us a reject it is just another facet which makes us unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

The desert island

I simply love philosophical questions like this one posed by someone who is not in any way gender variant. It is somewhat similar to my prop...