Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Adaptation

You get used to routine in retirement and even my clothing choices fluctuate from a limited range of items I have decided suit me, are comfortable and I can mix and match. By now I know my body and I don't want to think too hard in the morning with choosing. Simplification is always the priority.

They say routine helps you to adapt and it is true but I try to mix things up within that structure. There is nothing overly decided in advance and count on some degree of spontaneity to remind myself that I have a lot of choice and am no longer victim to someone else's schedule.

Still, I don't expect that ending a career of over three decades is completely adapted to in a few months. I just know I don't miss it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....