Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Facade

Today if you are able to look after your own psychological and material needs you have a leg up on a lot of people. Life can be challenging for many which is why therapists, pharmacists and social workers are busier than ever tending to anxiety, depression and poverty related concerns.

The world is a more sparse and lonely place despite connectivity we thought offered us so much. Instead it has actually caused us to be feel more alone and isolated than ever before. Suicide prevention placards on subway station walls are never a good barometer of societal health.

I look back at the decades which formed me which were the 60's, 70's and 80's and they seem like far away relics of a bygone era when things happened slower and seemed far less chaotic and I ask myself whether it was my youth which blinded me to inner workings I am now much more familiar with.

Soon I will be 61 and sometimes I wish I hadn't seen quite so much behind the curtain.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....