Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Maria

Maria started talking to me suddenly as I was sipping my coffee in a place I haven't been to in a long time. She was so naturally friendly that I could not resist her charming and disarming approach. Of Portuguese descent and in her early fifties, we were suddenly chatting like old girlfriends. I suspect it's my demeanor that attracts some people because I really do have a relaxed air these days since I am looking for nothing except peace. What also helped was her very candid way of speaking which could have been awkward if she weren't so clearly and transparently a nice person.

Having other women assume you are a genetic female has been fascinating and I love the frankness and sense of comradery it has brought me in the friendships I have made. There is no doubt there is a difference to how women relate between themselves. For my part I am simply being myself and whatever femininity flows from me isn't forced. I also don't overthink anything because it is unnecessary and were Maria to ask me if I were transgender I would calmly answer in the affirmative.

She had to go to work but said she comes to the same cafe around the same time every morning and I told her we might meet up again with pleasure.

I think we just need to be ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....