Sunday, November 26, 2023

Believe

It's not lost on me that I am a little privileged. I have not needed hormones or FFS to appear feminine to the public. This has colored my decision process regarding my social transition in that I have needed no interventions surgical or medicinal to live authentically. Yes I am tall but then so are a lot of women especially these days.

This is not true for everyone and with the curent environment where some cannot keep their toxicity to themselves it can be very stress inducing to live openly.

The thing which helped me the most however was my mental attitude and once I understood who I was and accepted that fully, it endowed me with the confidence that no one else gets a say in how I lead my life. So whereas someone passing me on the street could wonder about whether I am transgender or not, my body language and facial expression shows that I know who I am. Contrast that when I blended as well when younger but invited looks because I was petrified. Today on daily trips in sometimes packed subway cars no one gives me a second look unless it's to exchange smiles.

It's not about clothing choices, makeup or hair but everything to do with the internal sense of self.

Believe in who you are because identity works best from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....