Friday, December 1, 2023

Freeing

There is something very freeing about no longer having specific goals in life and living one day at a time. Yes, I've been working at the piano composing music and on my painting but these are not goals but instead instruments to feed my need for creativity; something which my work career did not offer me.

With grown children who have lives of their own you are left a bit rudderless but that is not a bad thing if you can finally concentrate on the self without guilt that is neither warranted or merited. I am increasingly getting used to this constructive meandering and ability to turn on a dime and change my mind about what I will do that day.

As someone who always wants to get to the root of things and put them into perspective, this is a good time of life to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Dead wood

I want to better understand the differences between what is at first blush two distinct sets of psychology. One says that "I am a man w...