Sunday, December 24, 2023

Keeping me on my toes

Having older children tends to keep you honest. They are adults and they observe and note all your inconsistencies. The ship of them doing as you say sailed away a long time ago.

My son and I had coffee yesterday and we discuss more about how to live his life with consistency and self-examination. As someone with mild autism he is approaching his mid-twenties with a rational mind but not yet the complete set of life tools we all need to keep us balanced.

I enjoy this phase of their life much more than when they were younger. The feedback and the conversations are far more interesting plus I am better suited to advise them now when they need guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Without a manual

My mother is 88 today. She is in good shape for her age and people instantly take 10 years off when they meet her. At this age their filter ...