Monday, January 29, 2024

Art form

Coffee for many is an art form. The grind, the type of bean, the roast and how long you pull your espresso through the machine become detailed aspects to fuss over. A retired collegue and close friend is like this and he gleefully had me sample his latest formula over the weekend in hopes I would approve.

I admit it is my elixir of choice as it was my father's who also added the cigarettes which would eventually be his downfall to the one thing he could not live without. I have quite a number of cafés that I now frequent and where I can measure the slightly different tastes while giving equal importance to welcoming ambiance and cache.

Many of my blog posts are written over an allonge which I sip between passages and count myself fortunate that I am now afforded the time to slow down the previously hectic pace and relish it.



2 comments:

  1. One of the secrets of an interesting life is to develop your taste in such a way that you can experience the minute variations in taste, texture and smell in food and drink. I love to explore the variations and permutations of coffee, tea, wine and whiskey.

    Transphobes and homophobes are people who have never been encouraged to taste the wonderful variation of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting angle jack. It makes sense that people who are dismissive of human variations would tend to not be as tuned in to subtleties found elsewhere :)

      Delete

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....