Thursday, January 18, 2024

At Any Age

I grew up very regimented and almost humorless and so I have worked on reversing that. Today I am more spontaneous and speak to people much more readily. I chalk up my previous lived history to being heavily influenced by shyness, being the eldest in a religious family and the pressures of concealment of identity of my generation. Career discipline and developing my creativity as both artist and musician were my replacements for the things I lacked.

It turns out however that there is indeed the possibility of measurable change at any age if we desire it. We can reprogram the psyche slowly as we embrace our core and shed the trappings that previously weighed us down.

This is universal; whether transgender or not.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

The longer we've lived the more holes there are to patch. Yes, we have gained experience but life has also handed us some challenges whi...