Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Clothing

I'm looking forward to getting into pumps again after what has been one of the mildest winters on record. Of course I say this knowing I won't do it on most days since I walk so much and heels are not conducive to it.

Over the years I have found that the best formula is to blend femininity with practicality and comfort. To do otherwise is to have your day become unbearable after a while. You end up dressing like most women do the more you live in their shoes (both figuratively and literally) because you begin to understand the consequences of sartorial choices.

Clothing for me was always a way to express something deeper and it lost much of its mysticism over time. In childhood it was the forbidden fruit within my mother's closet but once I had my own wardrobe the allure was incorporated into a bigger portrait I dared not explore further for fear I might go too far. Years ago, the worst diagnosis you could have given me was that I was transsexual which is why in 2007 I abandoned a hospital program I had been approved for. I had a career and, most importantly, children to raise who today are my biggest supporters.

My feelings have never changed except now everything fits within a framework that is workable. The clothing like everything else has been given the right amount of relevance. Nothing less and nothing more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...