Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Becoming Free

Living in this world requires constant work on the self. It's like we want live in it while immunizing ourselves from its worst aspects. There is so much wonder and joy yet so much sadness and pain.

Becoming free is about solidifying the self so that nothing touches us. We don't shrink at every cross word or opinion which comes our way. Instead we shrug it off as irrelevant because we have already established value from within.

Belonging to a social minority makes this mandatory because among the majority there will always be those who feast on what they perceive to be an easy victim. The coward and the scoundrel will find safety within their herd.

I still work on my outrage of course, but with the increasing perspective of someone who better understands the psychology of the weak minded. It gives me confidence that I only need to concern myself with the pronouncements of people who can teach me to become a better person.


The rest is merely flotsam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Message in a bottle

Still rocking in his 70's...