Thursday, March 14, 2024

Little repairs

I try to treat myself well these days because I deserve it. Years of looking after others first will sometimes have you feel guilty about doing so but I counteract that sentiment. It's not about buying new things for myself but more about being kinder to the self.

By working on ourselves we are less likely to pass judgement on others but I also protect my self esteem more than ever such that I will no longer allow any sentiment of apologizing for being transgender. That time is over even if there are still remnants left from the years spent in a kind of compromise purgatory to avoid others being bothered by my difference.

It feels good to be free even as I continue to work on those little repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....