Monday, June 17, 2024

Kickstart

At this age I am a not so little chatterbox.

The barista at this quaint little café on Bernard Street was from France and only a year older than my daughter. As she made my coffee we bantered about life after I had signaled that I was in no rush plus thus far for her it was quiet morning.

She is another GenZ (those born roughly between 1996 and 2010) looking to kickstart her life with a combination of schooling and work experience that is more about dabbling than it was during my time. She asks me what branch of engineering I studied and whether I liked it which is something we less considered when I made my choice.

I understand this generation better for having talked with them and heard their aspirations and their fears. The world is a less certain place and the structures we counted on have been greatly weakened. It is why I refrain from quick judgement as I reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of my own generation and the priorities we were instructed to favor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

When I talk about transition

When I talk about transition I am referring mostly to a mental journey and not a physical one because the latter is far less important.  If ...