Monday, June 17, 2024

Validation

I think the reason that fear dissipates greatly once we have touched identity is that we realize how much of an accomplishment its been to get to get there. By comparison, concern for public scrutiny and opinion is a pittance. Many human beings lead repressed lives on many fronts which is one of the reasons for so much frustration in the world.

Lack of fear doesn't mean being careless with safety but instead stopping to give weight to things that have very little significance. Today's lunch with my sister (assuming it's not postponed) will be another indicator of where I am. For certain it would have seemed much more daunting to me even a few years ago because more seemed to be riding on it. I still looked for validation from outside when today I know viscerally in my bones it is something you provide for yourself 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Neuroplasticity