Sunday, June 9, 2024

On life support

I never go to malls anymore but today it's raining and I decided to go the Carrefour Laval which is just north of the city. Getting there by metro requires a zone B pass whereas I only have a zone A which covers just Montréal island. However I have my little cheat.

I reserve a Communauto at the last metro station on the island and then drive the short 15 minutes to my destination. Once there I ditched my white sneakers in favor of my black patent block heel pumps et voila I'm a dignified lady again although not one who is overdressed by any means.

Yes, malls can be dull (especially since most are on life support) however a little window shopping never hurt anyone and it had been a long time since I visited here since I tend to mostly run around Montréal.

Interestingly, this mall plus the one in the west end of Montréal have largely survived thanks to being beacons for suburbanites aching to get out of the house. Therefore I don't think either is going anywhere anytime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

When I talk about transition

When I talk about transition I am referring mostly to a mental journey and not a physical one because the latter is far less important.  If ...