Friday, June 28, 2024

Overcompensation

I've had to be careful and not overcompensate and I'm still fine tuning.

Transgender people of my generation tended to live in secrecy and repression which built frustration. At my age I have learned to harness it and transfer it into a confidence which included being at the ready with a nasty look or a cross word if need be. Thus if you perturb me I can have a mouth like a sailor. It just never happens because people can tell I know who I am.

But this is not the right way and in fact the grand majority of people are lovely and respectful. If you smile at most they smile right back and some are ready to chat.

Transgender youth have had a different experience which you can see in their demeanor. They don't give a hoot what you think of them and it shows. They are not braced for a defense as much as someone who grew up in a closet.

I just needed to disarm myself and I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Support

I had lunch yesterday with 3 ladies from my old office who became friends and great supporters of mine in my journey. It has been wonderful ...