Friday, June 7, 2024

Remaking our Psychology

By far and away the most important element in the life of a transgender person is their psychology. The older you are right now the more likely it was that you were dissuaded from being who you are and working that back is no easy task.

Retirement forced me into a more profound examination of my psyche because the distractions were now all removed. Therefore I have needed to build a new structure and narrative to accomodate this change of life.

People who are happy with their part-time structure won't perhaps relate to me and if that's you then I encourage you to just be happy with your current formula. However those of us who have been on the cusp of needing to transition and resisted, have always benefited from having as many distractions as possible. Once they are removed a new baseline must be established to fit where you are.

This is why I am so jubilant when I see transgender youth so devoid of trauma and repression living their lives. They may face their own unique challenges, but at least their psychology won't need as much repairing.


For me, there's still some fine tuning yet to complete and thankfully with a renewed level of calm and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Neuroplasticity