Saturday, June 22, 2024

The elephant in the room

People who tended to trivialize gender variance used to irritate me somewhat but they no longer do because it eventually sunk in that everyone has a unique experience and their own crosses to bear.

This issue had been the largely unacknowledged elephant in the room since I was very young and so for me it was no laughing matter. Those for whom cross gender expression seemed to be sport or hobby would tend to get under my skin especially considering how much suffering others had experienced where marriages collapsed and even some lives were lost.

Today I have a gentler and more macroscopic view of the subject and try to put myself in the place of a person I may not entirely relate to. Plus the more I got a handle on things and approached my own authenticity, the less what others did mattered. It simply became more material for my thinking on the topic as a whole.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Neuroplasticity