Monday, June 24, 2024

When i feel compelled

I sometimes feel called upon to correct people who understand nothing about Ray Blanchard's work in the 1980's but parrot it without having analyzed it. For example, the term AGP is used without any comprehension and simply serves as synonym for arousal.

My latest intervention happened only yesterday further confirming that critical thinking is unfortunately not alive and well among many.

Ignorance is hard to repair and so I don't feel compelled to answer all comments which are filled with it. I only address those that might be convincing enough to those who haven't read the material properly and have only watched a synopsis on someone else's badly explained video.

Blanchard's simplistic and dismissive two-type male to female transsexual taxonomy is approaching 40 years of age and is full of holes but it's become convenient material for gender criticals and transphobes which is why it lives on in the darkest corners of the net. It harkens back to a time when transgender men need not exist and we hadn't yet properly done enough homework to be able to adequately push back on bad faith actors like Blanchard.

Thankfully, transgender youth and
serious clinicians today completely disregard it, but in its day it accomplished a lot of damage which is why I want to do my part to help stamp out the remaining embers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

When I talk about transition

When I talk about transition I am referring mostly to a mental journey and not a physical one because the latter is far less important.  If ...