Friday, July 26, 2024

A little distance

I can be a hard person to get to know because I learned to be cautious growing up. I can be very social but I don't trust people easily and so my facade will not always tell you what I am thinking because I am a very analytical person. Having had two major relationships fail did not encourage my ability to let my guard down easily.

What I like to do now is observe a little more from a distance and appreciate people for who they are without getting too close. I don't tell them I am transgender so there is always that line of concealment that exists keeping me safe from judgement and potential pain. I can be who I am without risking as much as I was once prepared to.

Thank goodness for my children who I consider my biggest gift. They have provided more meaning to my life and given me people to care about who love me unconditionally. They are both upstanding people and I am so very proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

God only knows