Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Ignored

My daughter, my upstairs neighbor and I went for lunch on a terrace yesterday and then to then briefly toured the MontrĂ©al jazz festival site. It was a beautiful sunny day bustling with people and we stopped to catch a traveling band for a few tunes. 

How I love my city.

As I stood there behind the musicians with the crowd mostly facing us I thought how I have largely become invisible over the years. It's a good feeling where you know you fit. That first realization came to me when in 2018 I helped my friend Patricia with a presentation in a room filled with over 100 people where I was also ignored. I suspect because nothing about me stood out except my height which is today also ignored thanks to the plethora of tall women I see all the time.

I learned to know who I am and own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

What I bring to the table

I used to think in reverse. Who would want to be with a person like me who is so different? Now I have turned the tables and it is I who wil...