Saturday, September 7, 2024

Calmer and calmer

I'm getting so much better at fielding negative surprises these days. It means that I becoming more chill as I settle into retirement and leave the career stress behind.

It's taken me almost 2 years to decompress which I wasn't expecting to happen but when I talk to stressed out ex-colleagues these days I can see why it did. When you first stop there is a giddiness which segues into a "now what" phase. All that extra time is almost guilt inducing as you can finally tend to yourself properly.

As I walked the Royalmount mall this week during its grand opening, I could feel the calm and the confidence surging in the veins. You are at a psychological state you never expected to get to. The way people treat you and you treat them has been completely transformed. Surprisingly, it has kept morphing past the point where I thought I was already at an optimum comfort level. 

There are still little ups and downs, but then we are human which has always been incurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...