Thursday, October 3, 2024

I should heed the advice

A long time friend I spoke to recently told me I should not watch so much political content and I suspect he is right. The world isn't going to change and all I will do is become frustrated at the futility in fixing what ails us. What interests me most right now is the rise of right wing movements as backlash for the sins of a globalism movement that lined the pockets of the top 1% at the expense of the rest.

Besides, true democracies do not exist and what we instead have are systems of government which give just enough illusion that the population has a say to keep them from revolt. If people really saw all of the machinations at the top levels they would be shocked. 

Yet somehow we hobble along without blowing ourselves up; at least for now. So I will partly heed his advice and tone it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

SOS