Sunday, May 10, 2026

Learning

When we get older we have already experienced many of the life ups and downs that are now permanently registered in the memory. We understand the consequences of decisions and can anticipate the pros and cons much in advance. 

It takes experience to learn how to live. 

As I watched my exuberant and large extended family last night, I thought about the victories and missteps some of them might make; the upcoming marriages, babies and newfound relationships that excite until they no longer do. 

My prize for the evening was that my son came which was a victory on his way back to a place he wants to be. We fall, we get back up and do it all over again because we must. 

It is the only way to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Microscope

At almost 64, I've seen more than I care to of human nature. I can smell people at 500 paces and can detect their inauthenticity and beh...