Thursday, August 6, 2026

Social contract

What we need now is a new social contract; one which returns us to caring about each other. 

The navel gazing and chasing prosperity through consumerism failed miserably as did the oversharing the most mundane details of our daily existence on social media. 

No one should care about what you ate for breakfast or what your skin routine is. They should find out through living their own lives or look into what people who do it for a living recommend. 

I know I don't care and I say it with all due respect because we aren't all that important.

We've made ourselves less happy than when we worked physically much harder but then those times had a greater spirit of community and didn't obsess over productivity by timing bathroom breaks. 

We messed up and the clean up starts now in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Buttons

Dealing with an older parent can be a challenge sometimes. They have slowly become more child like and the roles have slowly reversed.  At 9...