Thursday, June 29, 2023

Things my father taught me

I often think of my father; the bespectacled intellectual with head lost in his thoughts or in a book. A cultured man of his era who had lost his own father far too early. I have now surpassed the age at which he passed away.

My son, who possesses much the same calm demeanor, has identical eyes which constantly remind me of the man who gave me my education in life principles. That rock steadiness helped without my fully having appreciated it at the time. For my own youthful instabilities and my dark deep secret would require a steady foundation of support.

I owe a debt of gratitude to my father who gave as freely and selflessly as he could for he already knew how life was hard. So I tried to model myself somehow in his footsteps as I provided to the best of my ability my own foundation for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Detransition after 25 years

Everyone has a story and this is Sam's...