Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Good riddance

My disdain for pantyhose goes way back and there is almost nothing more annoying for a tall person than to have that uncomfortable feeling of a material riding up or down and not letting you breathe.

When I was young I had my experiments with those of my mother or sisters but finally succumbed to them to conceal leg hair which has for many years now been wholly absent.

When they began to go out of style with younger women (who mostly go bare legged unless very special occasion) I thanked my lucky stars although I would have done my own thing anyway. Leggings in the winter, however, are a whole different story.

As for pantyhose? Goodbye and riddance I say:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Performing

If you watched the video on Judith Butler's theory of performativity you will note that she sees gender more as verb than noun. One perf...