Monday, October 9, 2023

More on detransition

Whereas decades ago we were dealing more with people not transitioning who might have benefitted from it, today we face more the risk of people going ahead when they need not.

That young woman whose detransition video I featured had plenty of comments from the clueless because many people aren't clever. This latter observation hasn't exactly been the stellar revelation of my lifetime, however the sheer number has. When you don't investigate or reflect you lose nuance and many people basically want their bias confirmed. Don't bother them with annoying details.

To her credit, this young woman acknowledged that transgender people are real and some need to transition, but that will fall on the deaf ears of those who don't care to hear it. Still, I would rather that some people hear a message from someone like her than opt for something that is ultimately not for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

My father

It wasn't until well after my father's passing in 1995 that I fully realized to what extent my father had been a decent and brillian...