Sunday, December 17, 2023

Marche Bonsecours

A lovely and well-mannered young Mexican woman only a few years older than my daughter served me coffee this morning in the Marche Bonsecours. When I was growing up in Montrel there weren't many Spanish speaking people and now I have the chance to speak it daily should I desire. She tells me she has only been here 3 years and has been working while studying in University.

I ask her if she likes it and she does but she may go back. Learning French is yet another challenge for some of these young people who have their whole life ahead of them. I am always encouraging and tell them to enjoy every moment of youth and take advantage of it.

If I only knew then what I know now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

The longer we've lived the more holes there are to patch. Yes, we have gained experience but life has also handed us some challenges whi...