Friday, January 19, 2024

Dinner

My daughter lives with me but at almost 26 years of age she has very much her own life. She made dinner for both of us last night and we talked which is an increasingly rare event as we have entirely different schedules. She is a night owl and I am an early riser.

You let your children go and then allow them to set the frequency of overlap and as long as they are fine you don't perturb them. I do not subscribe to conditional love based on expectations.

Both my children have not batted an eyelash as I moved increasingly towards a social transition and perhaps it was due to my bringing them along very slowly while keeping them up to date on my reflection process. In fact it has been easier for them to accept me as I am than for me to accept that they would love me regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse