Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Another small step

Yesterday I emailed HR and explained that I wanted only the initial of my first name to appear on email or MS Teams for example. Many former close colleagues in my former company know I am transgender but I told her that this was my best compromise without doing a global coming out and still honor my identity. Not everyone needs to know.

However, since I am still consulting sporadically I wanted to reflect where I am in my journey.

I was expecting red tape pushback but got none and she responded very favorably as their policy on diversity is always being trumpeted. There is even a young transgender woman working full time in my former office which is something I thought I would never see. She snuck in just after I retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Our history

At this point in my life I can put together all the pieces of my history and make sense of it. I can sit down calmly and examine my actions,...