Sunday, July 7, 2024

Suzan

Normally we don't acknowledge each other but Suzan waved at me during my early morning walk and I thought "who is she?"

As she approached with her little dog in tow I said while squinting "do we know each other?" I did not yet know she was transgender.

"No but I have seen you before and you look amazing. I was shy to approach"

Turns out Suzan is 47, tall, beautiful and fully transitioned. She was so friendly and open and we chatted for a while before exchanging numbers. She had her surgery back in 2006 with the well known Dr. Brassard and ended up staying in Montréal where she now works looking after the elderly. We live in the same hood.

The subject of where each of us was on our journey came up and she wondered why I did not pursue full medical transition which I partly explained. Interestingly but not surprisingly she is not interested in trans politics and just wants a quiet life.

I am usually careful with people and giving out my number but I know my instincts are right here and, as we both agreed, there will be coffee together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Support

I had lunch yesterday with 3 ladies from my old office who became friends and great supporters of mine in my journey. It has been wonderful ...