Monday, September 2, 2024

The cosplay pipeline

I am more than a little skeptical of the cosplay pipeline which is the the term I am using to describe young men who slowly advance their online gender variance some to the point of hormones. I cannot relate to this but I would categorize it as a kind of gender euphoria on steroids. It is an advancing into action where perhaps none is warranted.

The jury will be out on this because these young men are only in their 20's and the headiness may yet wear off. At first they are paid and challenged by their Twitch audience to increasingly push the envelope of E-girl character gender variance to the point where they perhaps convince themselves that this is their true nature even if no signs ever existed before. Euphoria can do that.

These young people come to gender variance from the opposite direction that I did and instead of resisting and doing as little as possible, are embracing something with gusto which for many of us with dysphoria isn't a choice.

Only time will tell except that I know all honeymoons wear off after a while and thus I hope that for their sake they choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...