Saturday, October 5, 2024

Support

I had lunch yesterday with 3 ladies from my old office who became friends and great supporters of mine in my journey. It has been wonderful to be able to count on people who knew me before and not only stuck with me but increased their friendship when I was able to be vulnerable and open with them. 

The journey from being a closed book to sharing something this significant wasn't something I expected ever undertaking but now it feels obvious and even mandatory. Going back to how things were would be as impossible as the idea of coming out once was. 

One of the women mentioned the company email which went out yesterday whereby the firm's insurance would cover up to $15 000 for treatment related to gender dysphoria (which I posted). I responded how when I was her age (36) that would have been so far fetched as to be considered science fiction.

For the record, our Medicare covers the surgery but not the gender identity clinic sessions which ultimately generate the approval letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Support

I had lunch yesterday with 3 ladies from my old office who became friends and great supporters of mine in my journey. It has been wonderful ...