I don't recall which scientist said the following:
"I'd rather have questions unanswered than see answers go unquestioned"
People love certainty which allows them to sleep at night however it has the opposite effect on me. I am very comfortable with uncertainty especially if not all the dots line up. My science background won't allow me to invest in fallacy.
When I first started blogging I took interest in theories that made conclusions about transgender people without having enough conclusive data and would have necessitated mind reading skills to resolve.
I therefore concluded that bias was being baked in for nefarious reasons rather than be in favour of leaving things with some degree of uncertainty.
Most world religions rely on certainty. People are given their marching papers with a set of instructions and then the brain is shut off. There is no further need to explore any nagging questions.
If you are comfortable with uncertainty I laud you because it means you have left room for critical thinking and reasonable doubt.
You don't mind that you may be dealing with (to borrow a phrase from grammar) a dangling participle.
No comments:
Post a Comment
All respectful comments are welcome :)