Thursday, December 14, 2023

Balancing act

A balancing act within a committed relationship is hard enough without one of the partners being in any way gender variant. I know all too well because I lived it with the added bonus that I was less than enthusiastically self-accepting even after I thought I was there.

Of course there is no guide book here and in the end everyone pours water into their wine to arrive at a compromise which, in many cases, pleases no one perfectly. This scenario is made only worse if the person comes out well into the relationship.

I am not the best suited to advise or even the best role model (I am alone), but will only say that arriving at a solution which respected core identity produced a more content person than one living with each foot tenuously and simultaneously in one of two camps.

Your own mileage will undoubtedly vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse