Monday, October 14, 2024

Themselves

I sometimes see what many would describe as eccentric gender variant people on the metro. Ill-fitting wigs, odd clothing choices and quirky mannerisms make them obvious visual targets and yet most people completely ignore them. No odd or derisive expressions from anyone because most urban dwellers have seen all kinds by now.

For that I am glad because in some cases I can see tortured expressions in need of much empathy. 

They don't need or want Judith Butler's theories on gender. They just want to be themselves and for that full kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Where we are

Yesterday afternoon I had a call with Jack Molay where I conveyed some of my current concerns regarding the situation for transgender and al...